Backbone NOC Technician 2
The Backbone NOC 2 is responsible for engineering, operations and maintenance of the Pavlov Media national network. You’ll be involved with the planning, installation, and management of the hardware and backbone engineering as well as the day-to-day operations of the network. This is the opportunity to be part of a growing lean team on the forefront of delivering the latest content to the edge.
Functional areas of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Design and operations of the national backbone including data centers and interconnects
- Coordination with our peering, IX, and CDN partners.
- Responding to support and maintenance of the national network
- Motivating and inspiring other employees to foster the ownership and growth of the network
This position has advancement opportunities available to highly motivated individuals.
- Engineer the growth and evolution of the network
- Proactively monitor backbone network and address issues that arise
- Troubleshoot network outages and repair or redesign as needed
- Review processes and recommend changes to improve overall effectiveness/efficiencies
- Assist with maintenance of training materials and process-related information for Backbone Support team
- Motivate others and lead by example in a team environment.
- Participate in training, networking, and peering opportunities such as Nanog
- Coach, share information, and provide feedback on a consistent basis
- Knowledge of standard routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, etc)
- Familiarity with Open Source NOS’s are a plus
- Experience writing network configuration and design documentation
- Network debugging and problem-solving skills
- Basic knowledge of optical transport technologies such as CWDM/DWDM/PONs
- Hands-on experience a plus
- Ability to prioritize when faced with high pressure scenarios
- Ability to work under deadlines and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements
- High-level verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable and responsible team player
- Deep understanding of current and future network standards
Benefits include health care starting on day one, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off and more!
Pavlov Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.