VP Human Resources
We are looking for an experienced VP Human Resources to ensure that all human resources functions are carried out smoothly and effectively. This position will be responsible for developing HR strategies and providing sound advice to senior management on all related subjects. The VP Human Resources will manage programs and lead staff while also possessing a strong strategic mindset. This position will ensure that all HR needs of the company are being met and are aligned with all business objectives.
- Develops and drives organizational effectiveness and supports the president or CEO on all major initiatives. Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Provides guidance to management teams with HR matters, directs staff on HR functions, and develops, interprets, and implements policies and procedures according to federal and state laws and regulations.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Avoids litigation and other potential losses by overseeing participation in Equal Employment Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, and other federal and state regulations.
- Establishes short-term and long-term goals, budgets for HR expenses, and networks with outside peers and organizations when needed to achieve goals.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organization’s human resources and talent management functions; assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Development and Administration or equivalent degrees in marketing, business, or related field.
- SHRM or HRCI certification.
- Have 8-10+ years of experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources.
- Experienced with employment law and compliance on state and federal levels.
- Specialized training in organizational planning, compensation, and preventive labor relations.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Proven experience as HR Director/VP.
- Full understanding of the way an organization operates to meet its objectives.
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to effectively communicate, prioritize, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Google Drive.
- Strong attention-to-detail, organizational skills, time management skills, and proven ability to meet deadlines with thorough follow through.
- A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element.
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards
- Acts with integrity, including handling confidential and sensitive information.
Benefits include health care starting on day one, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off and more!
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.