Vacuum Excavator Operator
The Vacuum Excavator Operator position is primarily to perform excavation potholing or daylighting of underground utilities to provide safe pathways for direction boring. Fiber-optic drilling will occur in Lavon, Corinth, and the Lake Dallas areas.
- This position is primarily to perform excavation potholing or daylighting of underground utilities to provide safe pathways for direction boring.
- Operate Vacuum Excavator machine – 1200 Gallon and 500 Gallon
- Daily inspection and maintenance of the truck, vacuum excavator, and associated equipment All other duties as assigned
- Expert in JULIE processes
- (2) years experience operating a hydrovac truck
- Knowledge of the telecommunication construction and cable installation practices and procedures
- Knowledge with underground cable construction
- Skill in operating various vehicles, heavy machinery and heavy construction equipment such as mini excavator, loader, vibratory plow, etc.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to read and interpret various formats of English language instructions such as maps, blue prints, diagrams, etc.
- Skill in completing multiple tasks, identifying problems and finding resolutions
- Ability to communication with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to effectively function as a team player and project a positive attitude
- Ability to lift 70+ pounds
- Must be able to walk, stoop, kneel, bend, crawl, and move through a job site
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to be active for 10+ hours per day
- Ability to drive for extended periods of time
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.