Senior DevOps Engineer
Pavlov Media is looking for engineers that want to make a difference in the IoT space. This position will become the subject matter expert on specific product sets and will be the primary voice for strategy, design, and rollout to our nationwide userbase. We’re not necessarily looking for an expert, we’re looking for someone with the right skills and mindset to become one. (Experts can still apply!) We have a deep well of IoT ideas that are working their way through to deployment and we need individuals that can ‘own’ specific technical stacks and direct development efforts accordingly. This position will also utilize data from deployed devices to make informed decisions on future product offerings.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and solve challenges at the intersection of hardware and software.
- Manage, design, test, and commission new system features.
- Perform data-driven analyses to inform product feature and commissioning decisions.
- Generate and maintain best practices for operations teams.
- Manage communication with relevant stakeholders and drive incubation of new features.
- Design new tools/utilities to automate processes
- Create and document new application capabilities
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Configuration & Management on unix systems
- Shell scripting in bash, perl or python
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, and SNMP
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Familiarity with networking foundations and cloud services
- Ability to write scripts to extract data, identify trends, and make forward looking predictions.
- College degree not required
- Hands on experience with MySQL and/or MariaDB is a plus
- In depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.
- Experience creating/deploying/supporting containers (Docker, Kubenetes, etc.)
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.