Monitoring Systems Engineer
The Monitoring System Engineer will be part of a team responsible for the 24/7 support and maintenance of all server and storage components in datacenters using Zabbix, Solarwinds and other monitoring tools. This position is responsible for administration and support for production monitoring systems. In addition, this position will develop and maintain custom monitoring management packs for Windows, SQL, Proxmox, Storage, network, hardware and environmental and proactively provide recommendations on monitoring rule-sets based on production outage.
- Serve as engineer/developer/integrator of Zabbix and Grafana enterprise monitoring tools for a large enterprise.
- Track and report on current and future Zabbix and Grafana enterprise monitoring service delivery.
- Responsible for gathering and conversion to successful delivery of enterprise monitoring services.
- Ensure all configuration changes follow approved change management processes and security configuration guidelines.
- Support day to day operation, maintenance, and management of Monitoring tools.
- Stay abreast of new industry trends, Monitoring tool products and analysis.
- Supporting the service support and service delivery goals for operational performance of the Monitoring systems through duties which include:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations, maintenance & management of the Monitoring tools.
- Assist in the deployment of new Monitoring products and services.
- Management of false positives and negatives.
- Configuration, release, and change management.
- Assisting in Implementation of core applications supporting Monitoring service support.
- Maintain and enhance Monitoring tools stability & usability.
- Assisting in Implementation of event correlation and other custom scripting required delivering effective clutter free notifications.
- Ensures integrated management products are functioning correctly and works with owners to modify as required.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to build systems that supports organizational requirements.
- Develop and update software tools in Python.
- Provide recommendations and fixes to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Develop automation of tasks using a combination of scripting, and configuration management systems.
- Troubleshoot and perform break-fix tasks on all systems as necessary including servers, appliances, and systems
- Maintain detailed records and prepare communications as needed.
- Manage inbound invoices from external field resources and determine responsible party based on customer contract.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 5+ years of experience in the Information Technology field
- 3+ years of experience working with Windows file system structure
- 3+ years of experience working with Unix file system structure
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Proven ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated advanced skills with SNMPv3 and WMI.
- Strong technical background with the analytical ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve complex problems in a secure multi-tier networked computing environment.
- Experience working with SNMPv3 and WMI preferred.
- Experience working with SQL statements preferred.
- Strong understanding of common network protocols.
- Excellent understanding of Windows and Unix system internals.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and identify solutions.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to effectively communicate, prioritize, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Google Drive.
- Strong attention-to-detail, organizational skills, time management skills, and proven ability to meet deadlines with thorough follow through.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.