Java Backend Developer
A Java Backend Developer must be a reliable and quick learner who is responsible for contributing to and implementing backend microservices for a media content delivery platform. This person would engage in Java code development as part of an IPTV Development team.
- Develop Java OSGI backend microservices
- Collaborate with product managers and frontend developers to bring new products to market
- Integrate proprietary in-house SDK libraries and interfaces
- Work with peers using existing code architectures and practices
- Communicate technical expertise in backend development to technical and non-technical co-workers
- Independently execute technology-oriented research tasks
- Continue to enhance technical knowledge and capabilities
- Seek leadership and guidance of co-workers
- Bachelor’s Degree (Scientific field) – minimum 4 years college experience
- Minimum of 3 years software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with backend design and implementation (REST, SQL or NoSQL, µServices)
- Strong attention to detail and capable of articulating development processes
- Understanding of HTTP architecture design especially with regards to REST
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently and in group environments
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Must be comfortable working in Agile/Scrum workflow
- Use Git for collaborative source control
- Experience with µServices methodologies
- Experience using CLI build and make tools (CI/CD experience a bonus)
- Experience with Docker / Ansible
Benefits include health care starting on day one, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off and more!
Pavlov Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.