Fiber Drill Operator
$20.00 – $30.00 per hour Directional Boring Locator / Operator
Wage range based on experience
Pavlov Media builds fiber optic telecommunications networks providing multi-Gigabit Internet speeds to homes and businesses through its subsidiary company CCG. There are several open positions and opportunities to advance.
These positions are part of a utility construction crew building fiberoptic networks. The positions report to a foreman, crew lead, or construction manager. Employees will use a variety of hand and power tools. On the job training is provided regarding safety, construction methods, how to operate tools and construction equipment. Qualified employees will be trained to operate equipment and have opportunities for advancement
Current equipment used: Vermeer Series III drills, Digitrak Falcon F5 locators, Bobcat & Yanmar loaders and mini-excavators.
Support and training to obtain Commercial Driver’s License will be provided.
- Directional boring daily goal is to place 1200 linear feet of conduit per day per drill
- Locator and Operator work as a team to meet daily production goals.
- Plan and perform directional boring that does not place unnecessary work on other team members (Locator)
- Plan and white line and perform locating for directional boring shots (Locator)
- Communicate with job supervisor, foreman, or construction manager daily (Locator)
- Record production on logs and GIS applications daily (Locator)
- Maintains and submits accurate boring profile records (Locator)
- Document and report damages in accordance with regulations (Locator)
- Set up, operate, and perform daily maintenance on directional bore machine (Operator)
- Be prepared with materials, equipment, and water daily (Operator)
- Follow safety procedures
- Maintain equipment and vehicle cleanliness daily, drive equipment to job site
- Represent the company in a professional manner to the public
- Will at times perform all duties involved in construction of fiber network including vault installation, restoration, and placing cable
- Other duties as requested by jobsite supervisor may include but not limited to: operate equipment, trenching, plowing, power or hand excavation, road cuts, set vaults and cables, cleanup and restoration, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Valid Driver’s License is required
- Maintain DOT medical card and pass drug screen
- Minimum of one-year experience in a construction field
- Skill in completing multiple tasks, identifying problems and finding solutions
- Knowledgeable regarding One Call and excavation rules, processes, and procedures
- Experience operating directional boring and other equipment such as backhoe, mini-excavator, vacuum excavator, cable plow, trencher is required
- Cable blowing, installation, splicing experience is a plus
- Knowledge of State and Federal Safety Regulations
- Ability to work outside year-round.
- Ability to travel during winter months a plus
- Must be able to hear and have visual acuity including close vision
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to walk, stoop, climb, kneel, bend, crawl and move through a job site
- Must be able to be active for 8 hours per day
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.