The Construction Manager is responsible for overseeing all phases of an assigned construction or property takeover project from initial planning to completion. This role will ensure organization effectiveness by providing leadership for construction field labor resources.
As it relates to the type of project assignments, the construction manager will ensure the successful deployment of bulk and subscription internet/video services in multi-dwelling units, student apartment complexes, residential homes, and businesses while maintaining the quality and installation standards that clients expect from Pavlov Media.
Lastly, a Construction Manager is also responsible for ensuring timely and accurate preparation and submission of reports for weekly management review.
- Assist with the recruiting and hiring of regional Deployment Leads and Low Voltage Installers
- Effectively train field construction resources
- Work closely with Human Resources on guidelines and safety procedures for field staff
- Function as an escalation point for construction issues
- Travel to any site as needed to perform outside plant work, low-voltage cabling installation electronics installation and startup/commissioning
- Ensure that build quality meets Pavlov Media standards
- Make weekly schedules for Deployment Leads and Low Voltage Installers
- Participate in site superintendent meetings and construction conference calls
- Act as a liaison with customer and project staff to properly identify and process scope changes, address issues, communicate regarding project milestones, etc.
- Work onsite for both new construction and take-over properties awarded to Pavlov Media
- Interface directly with Project Management staff to provide detailed site progress information
- Meet the milestone deadlines set by Project Managers and clients for each construction site
- Meet all agreed on deployment contract turnup dates as conveyed from Project Management
- Proficiently read, understand, reference, and utilize project construction plans and documents generated by architects, consultants, and Pavlov Media.
- Understand architectural and engineering diagrams, drafts, tables, flow-charts, charts, equipment lists and other visual information and documentation
- “Customer First” service-oriented approach
- Ability to work under aggressive deadlines and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements and deadlines
- High-level communication skills: professional communication, demeanor, and appearance
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Reliable and responsible team player
- Extensive leadership, tasking, and delegation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable and participative in positive, continual changes in process or procedures
- Proficient with LVC cabling installation and troubleshooting
- Ability to mechanically tip Fiber Optic Cables
- Ability to Fusion Splice Fiber Optic Cables
- Ability to troubleshoot Fiber Optic plant issues
- Understanding of network standards, such as TCP/IP
- Strong knowledge of Video solutions from DISH Network and DirectTV
- Ability to install a satellite dish and associated peripherals
- Ability to install video taps and splitters
- Ability to troubleshoot RF issues on a video network
- Ability to assemble mechanical rack structures
- Ability to fasten and secure electronics to building structures
Experience Requirements and Positives:
- Desired Majors: Bachelor Degree in related field
- (4) years of experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and CRM
- (5) years of successful deployment experience in data and/or video, LVC, fiber installations, and/or construction management.
- (5) years of experience with the techniques, application and installation of grounding, Cat5, fiber optics, LAN/WAN networks
- (5) years of experience with experience in troubleshooting networking issues
- (5) years of experience with the video techniques, application and installation of hardline distribution, satellite installations, RF distribution, CATV, QAM, HDTV, SMATV or other video technologies
- Actual field experience may be considered equivalent to and possibly more important than formal education.
- Travel 80% of the time
- Be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to use hand tools
- Current driver license
Pavlov Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.